The STUNT-DRIVING CHALLENGE is occasionally included as part of AUTO BARREL RACING events when time and location allow. The stunt-cars for this competition are supplied by Tom Harper of PERFORMANCE PICTURE VEHICLES.
Competitors are allowed to participate in a practice time prior to competition.
An Auto Barrel Racing competition is typically scheduled first with a Stunt-Driving Challenge to commence immediately thereafter.
The STUNT-DRIVING CHALLENGE consists of the following competitions:
1) AUTO BARREL RACING - This is a timed competition. Only the 16 fastest will advance to the next challenge. To learn more about the rules of Auto Barrel Racing go to: www.autobarrelracing.com
2) FORWARD 180 / REVERSE 180 - This is also a timed competition. Each contestant must throw a 180 degree slide, drive backwards in between two barricades, and then perform a reverse 180 degree slide before crossing the finish line. Only the 8 winners of this competition will advance to the next challenge.
3) THE 90 - This competition is for accuracy. Each contestant must throw a 90 degree slide up to a barricade. The 4 contestants who come the closest to the barricade without hitting it will advance to the next challenge. (The distance between each tire and the barricade will be added together to determine the overall distance for each contestant.)
4) THE 270 - This competition is for accuracy. Each contestant must perform a complete 270 degree slide. The 2 contestants who stop with the front left tire of their vehicle closest to the Target-Marc (a 24" circular decal positioned on the asphalt) will advance to the final challenge.
5) REVERSE 180 / FORWARD 180 - This final competition is for accuracy. Each of the 2 remaining contestants must drive in reverse through two barricades, pitch a counter-clock-wise, reverse-180 degree slide, and then a forward counter- clock-wise 180 degree slide. The contestant who comes to a stop with his or her right rear-tire closest to the Target-Mark will be declared the winner.
Information for the next STUNT DRIVING CHALLENGE will be posted here.